ACSF— the cultural crossroads of dance, martial arts, music and tradition for people of all backgrounds and all ages.
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
ABADÁ-Capoeira San Francisco has been providing free arts education programs, cultural festivals and performances, and year-round classes in martial arts, dance, and music since 1991.For more than twenty-five years we have been a community resource—a sort of lighthouse—where people of all ages and backgrounds come together to learn skills, find inspiration, experience art deeply rooted in tradition, and practice civic virtue.Right now ACSF’s presence is more important than ever.
The need for community building cultural arts programs that are accessible, and offered in a safe, welcoming environment has increased. ACSF is meeting that need. Our work helps maintain diversity in the neighborhood and keeps the evolving community grounded in values of respect, freedom, integrity, and compassionate leadership.The cost to operate in SF is rising at a rapid rate and arts funding has dramatically decreased. Individual contributions are crucial to our ability to offer programs at affordable rates and, in many cases, for free.
Please join us in this critical time of growth by making a tax-deductible gift to ACSF. Together we can ensure ACSF is here for future generations to enjoy. ABADÁ-Capoeira San Francisco is a registered 501 (c) 3 non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS guidelines.
Some examples of how your donation helps!
- $5,000 Supports five in-school assembly performances, reaching 2,000 youth
- $2,500 Covers the cost of bringing one guest artist from Brazil to San Francisco
- $1,000 Pays for a full year of classes for one youth student
- $750 Covers stipends for two teen students to work as summer camp assistants
- $500 Covers artist fees for an ACSF instructor to teach 8 youth classes
- $365 A dollar a day covers the cost of healthy snacks for the youth program’s events
- $255 Provides Summer Camp tuition for one child
- $100 Helps to buy new instruments for classes and performances
- $50 Covers cleaning fees for the studio for one day of operation
- $25 Pays for three classes for one child in ACSF’s RAY Project youth program
WHY SUPPORT ACSF?Each year we bring dynamic Brazilian arts to the streets and schools of the Bay Area, serving over 15,000 youth and adults.
Our Capoeira Arts Center, open daily, enlivens the Mission District neighborhood and has long been a trusted communal space for people of all walks of life to pursue artistic, cultural and creative expression.
ACSF draws diverse populations together to learn skills, find inspiration, experience art deeply rooted in tradition, and practice civic virtue.
We teach respect for diversity, address socioeconomic inequities that reduce access to high-quality arts and physical education, and provide opportunities for community members to exercise choice and responsibility.
We ensure accessibility by providing inclusive programs, offering equitable fee structures, and operating in underserved communities.